- 2 tbsp coconut/ grape seed or avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 C. diced fresh mushrooms of your choice
- 1 15oz. can pinto beans
- 1 tsp parsley (or other herbs of your choice, thyme, rosemary etc..)
- sale & pepper to taste
- Saute the onions and garlic in oil for 3-5 minutes, until onions are soft. Add the cumin and mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes, until mushrooms are cooked. Set aside.
- Rinse the beans very WELL, mash the beans with a fork or process in food processor until well mashed.
- Add the mushrooms to the beans and add herbs, salt & pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into patties. Heat about two tablespoons of oil and cook each patty until the veggies are done, about 3 minutes on each side.